Working in Germany
German work visa categories are based on two options: you may apply either for general employment (German Employment Visa) or for self-employment (German Business Visa) if you seek to establish a business in Germany
Employment Visa for Germany
A German work visa application under the general employment category is usually based on two basic conditions:
- Your Vocational qualification
- A concrete offer of a contract of employment
Processing times for a work visa may exceed three months after lodgement with the relevant German authority.
Starting a Business in Germany (Self-Employment)
To start your business in Germany your business needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- Having a beneficial economic impact
- Fulfilling the needs of the Federal Republic of Germany or specific regional or local needs
- Be fully covered by your own capital or bank loan
Processing times for a self-employment visa may exceed six months after lodgement with the relevant German authority.